As you know kindness is something that Team Pugh hold very highly. We try to be kind even when it is hard. We strive hard to teach Lizzie how to be kind in a world that is very often very unkind, we try to remember that the best way to teach a small person to be kind is to be kind to them.
So today as Lizzie and Becksie ate breakfast they decided to do ten simple things today that would a) be kind b) make the world a little bit more lovely. We did this as listening to the morning news highlighted lots of sad and unkind things going on in the world and this made us feel the need to act in our own small way.
1. Made the chickens a steaming hot breakfast! It took no longer than their normal breakfast and they were very happy. We usually only do this when its really really chilly but maybe we should do more often.
2. We sent an email saying how much a shop assistant had helped us with a recent purchase and asked that they be congratulated by their manager.
6. We made this kindness card to send to one of blog readers in the hope of sharing happiness and hope. All you have to do is leave us a comment (or send us an email if you want it to remain private) with why you would like it. If no one wants it we shall find someone lovely to send it to.
7. We made Ian dinner that contained pearl barley and black pudding – two of his favourite foods.
9. Did a little task to help Narna.
There we go changing the world from our living room, why not get involved and do ten (one, two, fifty its up to you) small things tomorrow that will a) be kind and b) make the world a little bit more lovely. They really don’t have to be huge things, in fact small things often count even more than big things.