Today is Ian and Becksie’s second wedding anniversary! So far so good! We are very happy and are pleased with our achievements since getting hitched! As with most things we like to reflect on where we are at so we thought we’d share 10 tips from what being married has taught us so far. In no particular order:
1. Be kind to each other, the world can sometimes be unkind so it’s important to be kind to each other. Surrounding yourselves with kindness makes life better. We will say being kind isn’t always that easy.
2. Accept each others ways and opinions and use polite discussion to amend them. Only kidding argue about the differences but recognise you are a team and team playing is not always easy.
3. Pick your battles wisely – everyday Ian leaves his tie on the banister instead of walking an extra 3 steps to put it away. Most days Becksie walks the extra three steps and tries really hard to not mention it. She tries hard not to mention it as she knows Ian isn’t shouting at her for leaving a pile of WI papers here, a half finished knitting project there.
5. Talk to each other – about all things great and small.
6. Listen to what each other is saying -this one is often hard but worth the effort! Becksie must try harder!
7. Listen to what each other isn’t saying – Ian struggles with this concept but is trying.
8. Find a shared passion and make it important! Our main one is a certain small person but food is also pretty high on the agenda.
10. Make memories when you can, you won’t remember watching EastEnders everyday or cleaning the house and as Becksie’s Nana told her before she died when your old you’ll live on your memories. Fill up this memory bank so you’ve got lots to live on later.
So there you have it – a few tips! And…… to celebrate our anniversary here’s the tune Becksie and Ian walked out of the church to as the newest Mr and Mrs Pugh…..Buddy it’s over to you!!