As I am sure you are aware Team Pugh really enjoys eating. We also enjoy thinking about food, talking about food and eating food. Did we say eating food twice? We really do love food!
A little while ago when with some friends we were talking about food heaven and food hell, Saturday kitchen style, which got us thinking, what would our desert island dishes be? This concept is a bit like desert island discs, except instead of music you get to choose the five dishes you would take to a desert island with you. Well actually a dish wouldn’t
last that long especially in the tropical heat, so perhaps you could take the recipe and a stock of ingredients instead. Anyway, here goes, Ian, Becksie and Lizzie’s top 5 desert island dishes….
1) Roast pork dinner
2) French onion soup
4) Tomatoes and bacon on homemade toast
1) Banana – just banana and nothing but banana
2) Chicken dinner, lovely chicken dinner with mash and vegtables and gravy, mmmmmm
3) Butternut squash and sweet potato soup
4) Mum’s homemade muffins
5) Toast and marmite
1) Becksie’s roast venison dinner – yummy!
2) Raspberry crumble,with oats and (plenty of) sugar on the topping.
3) Haggis, mash and veg.
4) Toad in the hole with roast potatoes, roast parsnip and veg
5) Gammon, homemade chips and salad
It is worth noting that Ian would also have to take Becksie with him to the desert island in order to actuially make any of the above……………
What are your top 5 desert island dishes?