Now as you may know by now we have a lovely little wood burning stove that keeps us uber toasty! Now this fire is Ian’s pride and joy and rightly so as he spent a long time installing it himself. When we moved in the fireplace wasn’t what we wanted and when Ian pulled off the fire surround…….. we found a cracked lintel!
It is at this point Becksie has to confess that she thought that we should pay someone who knew what they were doing to sort it out! But………Ian was sure that he could do it and despite Becksie’s scoffs he spent hours googling, reading and talking to those in the know before he went right ahead and did an amazing job of fixing it, installing the fire and……. even plastering (his first ever attempt) the hole surrounding the stove.
Becksie had to eat a huge slice of humble pie and now doubts Ian’s DIY skills much much less.
Now the only problem we have with our lovely little fire is that draws the draught in from under the door. We have a draught excluding snake but…… as lovey as he is – he doesn’t actually work! Ian has recently put some draught excluding strips around the door frame and one on the bottom but Becksie just hadn’t got around to making a more substantial draft excluder! As a consequence our feet have been in a draught!
So today Becksie finally snapped and actually made the draught excluder! And ……. Like all those jobs you put off it only took a few minutes and……… Becksie is now wondering why she didn’t just do this before! So if anyone out there has a draught issue – it really is a very very simple project that has worked a treat!